Saturday, September 6, 2008

Watch out, Phelps.

Today was the Evo Swim School Olympics!! I registered the kids several weeks ago, while the Beijing Olympics were happening. Eli said to me, completely stressed out, "Mom! I don't want to be in the Olympics!!!" I assured him that these weren't the real Olympics, and he felt much better.
Lizzie and Eli both got to compete in mini-races. The Kicking Race and Freestyle both went smoothly:

And then there was the totally fun Watermelon Race!
Notice Eli's oversized and upside-down goggles.

In the middle of his watermelon race, he had a Phelps Goggle Moment
Don't worry, he still beat the World Record for Watermelon Racing even with his defective goggles. That's because at home when we were training for this event, I would sometimes step on his goggles and then give them to him to race with. We were ready for anything.
And there's the thumbs up! It was a fingertip finish!

Thanks, Evo, for a totally fun afternoon!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

First, I LOVE the watermelon race! Second, when I logged into the tpsc gmail account the other day, there was an add for CCC (your CCC!) on the sidebar! You're famous!

Tia said...

you're such a fun, awesome mom! see you tomorrow....

The Taits said...

YAY!! I'm glad the kids had fun...even with goggle mishaps and all. :)