Friday, September 26, 2008

A Word to the Wise- your bills might be fake.

Dear Adults in Households that Use Water and Receive Bills for Such:

Please note the following experience from our Home Bill Payer (Adam):

I noticed our water usage quadruple over the past three months. I fixed toilets and pool pumps and still couldn't stem the usage. I finally called the city and asked if they could send out a professional to help us find the source of the leak. It was then that they told me that the increased bills were simply due to the fact that they couldn't read my water meter because a bush had grown over it. They increased the bills to get our attention.


We, being responsible citizens who pay our bills, are annoyed that we've been paying fake bills with completely made up numbers all summer. High numbers. Like hundreds of extra dollars. And this was to get our attention. I would like the water company to know that a phone call is even more effective and not as expensive. So is a note on the door! Poor Adam wracked his brain for months trying to figure out how our family was going through 40,000 gallons of water in 30 days month after month.

We were not amused.

Needless to say, we found the water meter, gave them the new reading and they say they will credit back the overage charges.

I suppose we could consider this some kind of jacked savings and loan plan?

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oh.My.Gosh.
Ohmigosh.

I can't even think of anything else to say. This is crrrrazy. I'm just sitting here shaking my head.