Saturday, September 20, 2008

Indulge us - we have Yard Envy.

Because it's probably been several whole weeks since we bragged about our garden, I'm going to ask you all a question:

WHY do I feel the need to document every fruit or vegetable that we harvest from our little spot of earth and shout it out to the blogosphere? I'm feeling tacky about it before I've even done it, and yet I plan on doing it anyway! I take pictures of vegetables like they're going out of style; I make sure that the lighting is right and that our harvest looks its best - it's all like a grand ceremony and rite of passage for our produce.

I think it's because after all our Adam's work, it's so immensely satisfying to literally eat the fruits of our Adam's labors.

Or perhaps it has more to do with the fact that besides our vegetable garden, the rest of our spots of earth are barren rocky clay, and we don't have even a drip system in place to make our Sonoran Desert blossom as a rose. We're trying to make you forget all about our bleak front yard and dead palm trees in the backyard, and remember all about our few square feet of luscious garden. We have Yard Envy. We're insecure, so we brag about our eggplants.

Whatever the reason, here we have it again!

What do you do with a plethera of Eggplant and some juicy ripe watermelon?





Make Eggplant Parmesean, slice up the watermelon and have 30 people over to eat it with you! :)

Is this considered a garden party? Did we just have a Garden Party? Because I've always wanted to have a Garden Party. It sounds so pretty.

1 comment:

Darcie said...

i heart vegetables. especially yours.

and i'm so mad i didn't get an invite to the garden party.