Sunday, January 27, 2008

There's something about a learning institution

...that just makes me feel ... enlightened, inspired, fresh, intellectual... "like a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils" (10 points if you can name that movie quote!)

especially when I'm walking around campus with the knowledge that I already have my degree and I have NO homework, or even a backpack! Ha!

I have been on the ASU campus twice in the last week, and get to go again on Tuesday to sing in a Master Class. This has all been to prepare for this NATS competition on Saturday, and what a wonderful learning experience it has been for me. It's been great to have a goal to work towards and it has pushed me and I like that. I got to work with a professor in the collaborative piano program, and I'm definitely looking forward to the master class.

And maybe when it's all over, I'll just walk around campus sometime and get inspired!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Ohh I love that feeling! Not the singing part so much (since really, I can't), but that feeling of growing, improving, learning.

Amy said...

I know that movie! "You've Got Mail." And I feel the same way about institutions of higher learning.

Anonymous said...

"You've Got Mail." 10 points for me!

Aimee said...

YES! You are both right! 10 points to each of you!

=)