Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ivy the Princess


Well, I guess all those compliments have gone to her head, because Ivy is convinced that she really is a princess. According to Ivy, being a princess involves:

1. Putting on as many pink dress-ups at once that you can.

2. Applying lip gloss - preferably the real stuff, but if Mom's not feeling generous, pretend will do.

3. Don't forget the crown!


4. Looking at yourself in the mirror with one shoulder up and exclaiming, "Cute!"


and #5, my personal favorite: Spinning. Without warning, Ivy will throw herself around in a circle, landing on all fours, jump up and throw her hands out (like a gymnast), waiting for us to tell her how wonderful it was! She'll say, "I a princess!" (with her cute little lisp)

Oh, how I wish these days of complete self-satisfaction, enduring confidence, and self-appraisal could continue until she's a teenager!

2 comments:

Menner said...

Aimee, your children are utterly adorable, and it looks like little Ivy knows it. I love her curly blonde hair! She is quite the princess. How old is she now?

Christine said...

Someday I'm going to have one who wears pink!!

Too cute!