Monday, January 14, 2008

Lost in Translation


I've been working on alot of translations lately. Texts for my music - in French, German, Italian and Latin. I really like languages, so it's been really interesting to work on.

There is one language, though, that I'm still having alot of trouble with. Ivy-ian. Today in the car as we were running errands, Ivy was growing more and more insistent and irritable with me, because I could not understand what she was saying. Maybe someone out there can help translate:

"Peek Farner" "Peek Farner!" "PEEK FARNER!!!"

It's not "pink farmer" or "pig farmer." I even tried "Pink Pharmacy," since we were heading to Walgreen's. That wasn't it either. I just made her even madder! If any of you have the picture book, "Knuffle Bunny", you know what I'm going through!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'll let you know if I gain any more insight myself!

1 comment:

Menner said...

Aimee! So good to see your blog. I've had fun reading through some of your past posts and catching up with what you're family is like nowadays.

I especially love all the funny things your kids say. Ah, I am looking forward to that stage of motherhood.

Thanks for sharing your blog with me!