Friday, January 4, 2008

A Lizzie-ism

For my parents' Christmas present, I am putting all our family's home movies onto DVDs (well, Jenni Layton is doing all the real work - thank you, Jenni!).

So, today, I was going through some old home movies, and I came across one from about 1988 when Erin, Deborah, Heather (two of my cousins) and I were putting on a show in our apartment in Hershey, Pennsylvania. We had just been to Washington, D.C., and we'd bought feather quills like they used in days of our Founding Fathers, and we made up a skit called "We the People" about writing the Constitution. It was mostly ridiculousness, really. So, I'm watching this and I decided the kids HAD to see it, so I called them over.

"Lizzie! Eli! Look, that's me in the middle, and Aunt Erin, and Deborah when we were alot younger!"

They come rushing over. Once they figure out who's who, (yes, that's me in the big glasses), Lizzie, with all the seriousness in the world, looks at me as a child, looks at the scene we're in, and says:

"You guys used feathers back then??"

Wow. I'm old.

1 comment:

Adam Stewart said...

Aim, don't worry - you keep me young!