Sunday, January 6, 2008

It's like you TiVo-ed it!

From Erin:

For those of you who missed "Music and the Spoken Word" this past Sunday the 30th, you can watch it on the internet at any time! You will need a pretty fast connection to see a good picture.

1. Go to www.byu.tv/

2. On the right, it will say, "Choose a date:" Choose "January 6, 2008".

3. Right underneath the date, choose "Music and the Spoken Word, 3:00 PM"

4. Watch for my DAD! who sings in the choir and has glasses and is the VERY FIRST CLOSE-UP on the broadcast! Yeah Dad!

5. If you want to see a really funny camera shot, go to "Since By Man Came Death" (it's on the loud organ chord)


Here's the program:

EXCERPTS FROM MESSIAH
by George Frideric Handel

"And the Glory of the Lord"
"For unto Us a Child Is Born"
"Pastoral Symphony"
"There Were Shepherds Abiding in the Field" (begins 9:01)
"And the Angel Said unto Them"
"And Suddenly There Was with the Angel"
"Glory to God"
"Lift Up Your Heads, O Ye Gates"
"I Know That My Redeemer Liveth" (begins 17:51)
"Since by Man Came Death"
"Hallelujah"

3 comments:

Darcie said...

Aimee, I caught the performance real time, and she knocked my socks off. How proud you must be. Oh, how I pine for some musical talent!

Jenni said...

I was so sad when I missed recording it, but was pleased to learn I could watch it on the internet! The kids and I had a great time watching! Eric said: "That must have been a very special experience for her." Erin - You did beautifully - I could listen to you sing all day!!!

Aimee said...

Darcie ~ who needs musical talent when you're as good-looking as you are?!! :)
You're sweet, though! Thank you!