Thursday, February 12, 2009

Did you Know?

Here's my Facebook 25, except I think I'm breaking the rules by not putting it on Facebook but my blog instead:

1. When I was younger I was PAINFULLY shy and quiet in public. "In public" being the operative phrase.

2. I fall asleep at the drop of a hat on long freeway drives. It's pathetic. When we used to live in Provo, I would teach at my mom's house in Salt Lake City on Tuesday afternoons. On the 45 minute drive home, I would invariably have to pull over and take a nap.

3. I took a tap dance class in college and LOVED it! I still have my tap shoes - just in case.

4. I worked for Appleby's for a summer in college and despised every second I was there. But it was really good for me.

5. I have the entire movie of "The Little Mermaid" memorized. No, I'm not kidding. And no, I can't blame this on my children. I watched it a lot when it first came out.

6. I've never dyed my hair.

7. In Seventh Grade, my friend Sovijada Ly got me to try out the Track Team. I ran track and cross country for 5 years.

8. I don't really like running that much.

9. I'm a very committed person.

10. In high school, I practiced the violin for at least an hour every day. It's amazing what happens when you do that.

11. In Sixth grade, our class did a play. It was taken from the TV show that Kirk Cameron was in - can't remember the name...Anyway, as I said, back then, I was painfully shy, but deep down, I was a diva. It's a bad combination. So I got the part of the mother. I was the BORINGEST actress that ever was. At the end of the play, I was supposed to do an impromptu happy "dance." I think I developed an ulcer over this. I would have rather have been swallowed up by the lavatory than dance by myself in front of the entire 6th grade. I would have rather been eaten alive by maggots than dance in front of the entire 6th grade. I would have rather crawled inside a smelly rotten locker and licked it clean than dance in front of the entire 6th grade. I'm still surprised that I survived the three performances we had.

12. I love my family - all of my family - fiercefully.

13. When I was young, I used to stay up late at night to read. I would use my hot pink alarm clock for light. Maybe this is why my eyes are so bad?

14. I am taking conducting lessons. Did you know that you could take conducting lessons? I didn't. It is very cool. We have a stand, a metronome, music excerpts, and most importantly, a full-length mirror. It's a very nuanced skill to learn. My teacher is Jana Minov, and is one of my dear Serbian friends, and has a doctorate in conducting. She is amazing.

15. By writing all these random things, I'm avoiding mopping my kitchen floor. Which is really my motivation for most things in life. "If I'm not busy doing such-and-such, I might have no more excuses to not mop the kitchen floor!"

16. I'm singing the national anthem tomorrow for a gymnastics meet. I'm hoping Adam will mop the kitchen floor while I'm gone.

17. When Lizzie was first born, I was obsessed with Martha Stewart. This was because I realized how deficient I was in the "Homemaking Skills" category. It was bad. But soon enough, I was cooking meals, cleaning, organizing and crafting! If you want to learn a skill, Martha is there for you.

18. One cold winter, I even made wreaths out of ice with things like holly berries frozen in them. They were really pretty, and I would hang them outside near our Christmas garlands. It would be fun to make those again, but not in Arizona.

19. I really love flowers and want to plant a flower garden this year. My mom is an amazing gardener - maybe she can help me...

20. I think I like 30 Rock more than The Office now. Alec Baldwin and Liz Lemon are hi-lar-i-ous.

21. If you haven't tried strawberried dipped in sour cream and rolled in brown sugar, you are missing a fine thing in life.

22. I passed the AP Calculus Exam in High School. And then I never took any more math again. But I'm glad I took calculus - It was good for my self-confidence.

23. I used to have actual dreams at night that I was singing a role on Broadway. But I'm over it.

24. I have been going to Lifetime Fitness twice a week for 10 months, and they have yet to issue me a real card. I've asked them at least 4 times to replace my expired temporary card. "It should be mailed out to you in about 2 weeks" is the same response I always get. What do I have to do to prove my loyalty?! Sheesh!

25. I'm so looking forward to a romantic Valentine's Day dinner with the love of my life tomorrow night!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

This is great Aim.
I hoped you appreciated the allusions to Parent Trap as I did last week in 30Rock. Talk about memorized movies... that is mine & I was so happy to be challenged in my knowledge of it last week! (This week's was so great too. Move over Office - Tina Fey ROCKS!)

And, I have a habit of conducting. I'm not a great musician by any means, but I have always felt like I could be a great conductor. I do it in the car often.

And lastly, I made those ice wreaths, too! The first year we were married, I hung them on our 2nd floor apartment balcony. Slowly, the cranberries thawed & made a huge mess on the neighbors' balcony downstairs. Martha didn't really describe that.

Happy Valentines!

Menner said...

I believe Kirk Cameron starred in "Growing Pain", unless I am mistaken. Love this post! It's fun to learn more about you.

And I LOVE strawberries dipped in sour cream and rolled in brown sugar. You are kindred spirit, Aimee.

Bonnie Wayne said...

Aimee, we have more in common than I thought...and I knew we had a lot.

I was the same shy-inner diva combo when I was younger.

I really loved the conducting class I took at BYU - but I never ever want to conduct a ward choir.

I almost went into shock with the office/30s rock comment, but I must admit I haven't given 30 rock a fair shot.

Thats so fun you are singing at a gymnastics meet. How fun!

By the way, add those strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar and put it in a crepe - YUM. Thank you Illinois state fair!

Bonnie Wayne said...

And heidi whoever you are - I was the same way with parent trap as a kid - that was my TOTALLY memorized movie:)