Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Dear Friend and Mentor is Honored!

Have you heard of "50 in 52?" I hadn't until tonight! Check out how cool this is:

THE JOURNEY EXPLAINED: 50 In 52 Journey is a Journey to find the people in America who are problem-solvers, idea-generators, people in their communities, in their cities, and in their States who are moving America forward. For each State we will ask you and your neighbors to :

NOMINATE - the problem solvers and idea-generators in your community
RALLY - for where you live. Let America know the best kept secrets of your neighborhood
THINK - Send us your ideas for how to solve the problems in your community

It turns out that a dear family friend, teacher, mentor, and inspiration was nominated to be interviewed for this project. I couldn't agree more. Her name is Betty Jeanne Chipman, and she is a voice teacher. She is 90 years old and she is still going strong, and still teaching voice students in her home! She is a wonderful woman and has been such an inspiration to me in my life.

Please enjoy her video interview! You will be uplifted and inspired - I felt that way with her after every voice lesson. She really treated me like a granddaughter, and she was there to guide me through many other challenges besides my vocal ones. And it was so fun because at the time I was studying with her, I was playing "Maria" in a community production of Sound of Music, and she loved reliving all her fond memories with me as she describes in the interview.



Thank you, Vickie, for forwarding this on to me! I couldn't agree more with her nomination!

1 comment:

Luana said...

She sure doesn't look or sound like a 90 year old. You must have helped to keep her young Aimee!