Sunday, March 23, 2008

Camping at the Lost Dutchman State Park

Happy Easter!

Hope you enjoy our pictures! (These were all taken before the sleepless night - that's why people are still smiling!)

There is picture below which I shall entitle "Underwear aFlambe" and the story is that Lizzie, dear Lizzie, forgot to pack herself a change of undies. As you can see in the pictures, Eli and Lizzie boldly got into the very chilly Canyon Lake and got soaking wet. Wet translates to cold in about 10 minutes after the sun goes down in the desert, and it's hard to get warm with wet clothes on. It took some time, but I finally convinced Lizzie to hand me her underwear, and while she was barracading herself in the tent, we dried them undies as quick as we could - on a hot dog stick over the bbq fire.

I said, "Lizzie, don't worry, I won't blog about this - you'll be too embarrassed" and she said

"Blog about it, I don't care. Blog about my underwear!"

Which of course became our new chant for the night.

Soon enough, we had her in dry and very warm undies, and the world was a much better place!











4 comments:

Ward said...

Great photos!

Unknown said...

cute kids!
Thanks for the encouraging comment on my blog - it really helps to have some positive feedback along the way!

D/E G said...

We went camping there (we ended up settling near Roosevelt Lake) over the break too! Desert camping can be interesting! Our youngest child didn't really sleep either. I love how you turn daily trials into humorous stories. Your kids are looking so grown-up. Congrats to Lizzie on her baptism!
Emily

Darcie said...

Such great pictures Aimee! I can't wait for that post about Lizzie's underwear...