Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Don't some songs just make you wanna Drive?

Every time this song (the first one) comes on the radio, I feel like driving and driving with the windows down and eventually stopping at an underground night club and joining the band and singing this song all night long.

Especially on a day like today, when I was half-way to Eli's swimming class and Ivy started throwing up. Everywhere. It took Eli's whole class for me to clean up Ivy and the car. And then Ivy had nothing to wear. Luckily, there was a Goodwill right next door, so I went in and bought her an outfit for $3.00. Awesome.

Adam probably wants to drive off too, after tonight. As he was driving to an Eagle Project review with one of his boys, a loosely-capped water bottle overturned and leaked onto the driver's seat. With the one tissue in the Kleenex box left in the car after our earlier incident, he mopped up his seat as best he could at a stop light. But, as luck would have it, at a sharp turn, all the pooled up water in the back of the seat gushed forward and his pants got drenched. I'm sure that wasn't exactly the kind of impression he was going for, but with 14 year-old boys present, you can never tell.

So, if you're having a day like that, just turn up the music, and imagine yourself in a great outfit singing with a band. yeah. that's better.

2 comments:

greenkatz said...

This reminds me of the time Megan (age 4 or 5) threw up all over me while we were 10,000 feet up in a small plane. Nothing to do but just sit in it until we landed. When we did, I threw her t-shirt (the Mickey Mouse one) into a garbage can at the airport. She's never forgiven me.
Vickie

Aimee said...

Oh man! That's way worse than my story!! Poor you. That would really not be fun.