Friday, February 1, 2008

I'm singing tomorrow!

Well, that's not unusual, I sing alot of days. But tomorrow is the NATS competition, and I have been preparing for it for almost two months. I'm very excited to perform! It has been such a great experience already - working with ASU professors and with my accompanist, learning how to pronounce French, learning where to find publications of obscure music, and learning how to get good translations (Call Erin). I've been stretching myself to learn faster and work harder. It's been great. So, you wanna know what I'm singing?

1 - "Quia Respexit" from the Bach Magnificat
2 - "Vivons Mignarde," the last in a 4-song set by Jean Berger
3 - "La ricordanza" a Bellini song that was a study for one of his most famous arias "Qui la Voce"
4 - "Gruss" a German song written by Grieg
5 - I'm ending with an American Aria by Menotti called "Steal Me, Sweet Thief" from The Old Maid and the Thief. It is so fun to sing. The whole first section is her being very frustrated by this guy who won't pay attention to her, and it's actually pretty funny! And then she goes into the real aria part and just bears her soul about wanting someone to love her before she gets too old and dies. It's fabulous.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: