Friday, February 29, 2008

Citrustopia!

I had a first this week: I picked my own citrus! Grapefruit, oranges, tangerines, and tangeloes. Haven't heard of a tanegelo? Comination orange and tangerine, of course! Lisa's mom has a veritable orchard in her backyard, and she was happy to share with us. :) Eli went a little nuts and we brought home 3 grocery bags full of fruit! From the look of the trees, though, we hardly made a dent.

We ate the cuties right off the tree - and as I was spitting out some seeds, and the juice was streaming down my hands and arms, I realized that these were the best oranges I have ever tasted.





Someday, I would love the luxury of having citrus trees in our own yard. What a good feeling it is to pick fruit and eat it fresh!

Thank you for sharing the fruit of your labors with us, Sister Tarwater!!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Seeing this made me feel so warm...and green...with envy. How fun to pick citrus. I have always wanted to do that. Isn't the smell just divine?

Unknown said...

Delicious!