Sunday, November 4, 2007

Two Precious Portraits!

November is an important month in our family: It's the month that Adam and I talked to each other for the first time 10 years ago, and the month in which we got married 9 years ago.

It is also the month of my little (but much taller) brother's birthday - Matt is 18 years old today!! Crazy!

To honor our anniversary this month, I have our engagement picture for you to see.



And in honor of Matt's birthday, I want to share with you a portrait that he drew of Adam and me (almost an exact replica of the professional portrait!). I had almost forgotten all about it until I was looking through an old journal a few weeks ago. Ever since then, I have been waiting with anticipation for just the right moment to recall this picture to everyone's attention! Matt gave it to us as a gift in complete sincerity when he was about 11 years old, and we have treasured it ever since. Seriously, we have! It was the cutest thing!

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*



Napoleon Dynamite comes to mind...("I worked on the shading of your upper lip for hours!")
Love you Matt! Have a great Birthday! Betcha thought we forgot all about that picture!!

1 comment:

Bonnie Wayne said...

Yes - how I remember the engagement days - oh wait - I guess that would be PRE engagement days, right? Where you guys would snuggle and sigh in content every couple of seconds. Wow- a whole decade - does NOT seem possible!