Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Top Ten Ways We Know Winter is Coming in Phoenix

10. We get cool air in the house when we open the windows at nighttime!

9. The A/C runs only 3 hours per day.

8. It's been almost a week since we swam in our unheated pool. (The water's still 82 degrees!)

7. As long as you're in the shade, it's possible to wear a black shirt outside.

6. You don't burn your hand when you touch your car.

5. Lizzie wore a long sleeved shirt to school the other day. With shorts.

4. We packed sweaters and blankets to go to a pumpkin festival. We didn't use them, but we packed them.

3. It's okay to have warm soup for dinner again!

2. We can go to a park after 9 o'clock in the morning.

1. Our electricity bill fell below the amount of the National Deficit this month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having visited the Stewarts in August, I understand this with a new appreciation.

Bonnie Wayne said...

Hi Aimage! You don't know how happy I was to find your blog! I have been going through definite aimage withdrawals! I loved looking at your blog last night - your kids are so cute. And yes, your post made me realize one again, that I don't think I could live in Arizona...although in January and February it might make me salivate thinking about it from time to time...