Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Knock-Knock.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

My children have discovered Knock-Knock jokes. They have the format down, but the humor is grotesquely absent. This spells disaster at the dinner table!! Here's a sample of what we had to endure tonight. This joke had several inane variations; the others, thankfully, I have already forgotten:

Knock - Knock.
Who's there?
Asparagus
Asparagus who?
Is there a guy from Aspire and you can see his guts?

(Guess what we had for dinner? Yup, asparagus.)

The trouble with knock-knock jokes is that it is almost impossible to resist answering the "Knock-knock" with a "Who's there?" It is our darned curiosity that makes us hope everytime that maybe, just maybe, this joke will be better.

I have used up all of my fake laughs for the next five years and the kids are lucky if they only get an audible groan from me these days. Still, nothing deters them.

Even Ivy is in on it. To be truthful, her joke is my favorite. It's the same every time. It goes like this:

Knock-knock
Who's there?
Yogurt-head.
Yogurt-head who?

The joke ends here with Ivy bursting into loud, raucous laughter. That's my favorite one! I can't resist it!!

The older kids have no excuse.

Dad, I never thought I say this, but your infamous jokes are starting to look pretty hilarious right about now!!!

5 comments:

greenkatz said...

Here's a bunch of jokes you can try on them:

http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/jokesknock.htm

I really pity you and Adam!

Vickie

Jennifer M said...

Aimee--thanks for the invitation to your blog party. This is great stuff! I love to see what's happening in your sweet family. Looking forward to more...

Jennifer

Unknown said...

This post came up over lunch today with a coworker.

Her joke from when she was a kid:

Why did the girl go home without her head or her backpack?

Because she forgot her head in her backpack.

Comedic genius.

dkp said...

After all these years, finally some appreciation for my jokes! - Dad

Darcie said...

Aimee--Thanks so much for the invite! Although I'm a little irked I didn't get it a month ago when you started your blog . . . :). I'm excited to check in on your cute kids and of course cute you and Adam. we're on vacation right now, but when I get home, I plan on reading every inch of your blog (I LOVE blogs.). We have one too, I think you can get there by clicking on my name.