Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Just Don't Think I Can Take That Kind of Rejection!

We had a "Back to the Future" movie night with the Andrews last weekend. We were all set.
We'd had a 'battle of the movie lines' over email,
I had drilled movie quotes into the kids' heads all day to prepare them,
and I had baked a special cake for the occasion. (the kids were peeking over my shoulder as I frosted asking 'Who is Uncle Joey?'!)


We were all settled in and Ward opened the Netflix package to find - GREAT SCOTT! - the movie had broken.
(The Netflix website had troubleshooting tips if your dvd is damaged: gently wipe with a soft cloth from the inside out - we tried, but it didn't help)
The Andrews, who are super tech savvy, have no need for a physical video store nearby, and thereby have no cards. There was no nearby Hollywood video, where the Stewart family has cards for. But there was a nearby Blockbuster store.

Luckily, Adam found his old Blockbuster card.


Surprisingly, they let him check out a movie with that old thing. ("Yes, you can trust me to take your dvds and return them in perfect condition, I promise!")

And all was restored to the time-space continuum.





1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

"Is there something wrong with the earth's gravitational pull in 1985???" ("Whoa, Doc. That's heavy...") One of our all-time favorite movies around here! Love the cake, Aimee. I guess Uncle Joey didn't make it to the party.
:)