Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Creative Writin'

Lizzie came home with a creative writing assignment to do. It started out like this:

"One day I was ridin' across the prairie, mindin' my own business when"

Her job was to finish the story. Let's just say she took the "theme" and started "runnin'" with it.

So, she showed me what she wrote (spelling all intact):

One day I was ridin' across the prairie, mindin' my own business when I
heard somthin' as quie' as a spur spinnin' on a boot. I decided to get off
Bolony, ma horse, and take a look aroun'. All I foun' was a couple of rattle
snakes 'n cacti. The cactus I 'as lookin' at when ma horse whinied a couple a'
times, it's thorns rustled, and moved aroun'. Ma, personally, thought this was
very odd. I looked down at the cactus at ma very faet (feet).

Two bulging seeds popped out a' the cactus. One of a' thorns was turnin'
sideways! "I ought ta calm down!" I told myself. The thorn spli' apar' an' I
heard a voice sayin' "I'm Spiky, the Cactus." I looke' down. The seeds blinked
at me.

"Ha!" I cackled. The cactus was talkin' to ma.
"Solve please"
said Spiky.

A piece of pape' hung from a thorn. I took it. It said:


I need help. all my friends and family are sick.
Find medicine. We die. Sad.
PLEASE! I sick too. - Spiky


I wen' to a plant. I squeezed the juice. I looked in ma bag. "It
ain't here," I said. I 'as lookin' for ma leather cup. "Here it is!" I gave it
to Spiky. He thanked me. "Ma first case is Solved!"


You should hear her read it out loud.

1 comment:

crazycool Steenhoeks said...

Wow, Amiee. She is a great author. She should write for "Da Jesus Bible" The one Jenni and I read in Maui, it's in pigeon.