Saturday, August 23, 2008

The CCC is up and running!

After a crazy week, with being sick and a whole lotta work to do, we pulled off the launch of the Chandler Chidren's Choir!

It was so exciting and amazing to see it all come together after so many months of preparation. All day long, I was thinking to myself things like, "WHAT the heck am I DOING!??!" and "WHO do I think I AM??!?!?" And it was all that feeling... Until... I stood up there in front of those sweet kids, and they looked up at me with complete trust, and we started singing. I taught them "O Music" which is a simple melody that turns into a 3 part round. They sounded so sweet and pure, and they were so darn proud of themselves for singing in 3-part harmony the first rehearsal.

And I was so darn proud of them too.

This is going to be a LOT of fun.


Preparing the music: cataloging, stamping, collating.


Lotsa folders! One for each singer!


First I led a meeting for the parents where we went through the Handbook.

Then I excused the parents, and we sang together for the first time.

After a mini-rehearsal, we played a game called "Meet the CCC"

Cute kids! Notice our "CCC" t-shirts! Thanks for the cool logo, Ward!

6 comments:

Ultimate Poster Child for Optimism said...

Way to go, Aimee!!!! I am SO proud of you!

crazycool Steenhoeks said...

You Rock! We love the CCC! We are so glad to be apart of it.

Ward said...

So cool to see the dream become reality..nice work!

Sage said...

Aimee, this is so impressive and inspiring and interesting (iii).

Thanks for sharing! And best wishes for lots of great concerts.

SP said...

How exciting!! We wish our little Jill could join. She still doesn't have teeth yet, but she says Ba-ba really well.

What a great way to share your talent!!

Aimee, you are an inspiration!!

a10cowwoman said...

You are Awesome. I wish could participate.