Friday, May 23, 2008

The Sassy Brassy Girls



Tonight was opening night of Ainadamar!

We had such an amazing time performing this music. I loved every second of it.

Dawn Upshaw, Kelly O'Conner, and Emily Albright were the three main characters in this opera, (Dawn and Kelly were in the original cast!), and they were incredible. The music is some of my favorite of all time. The more I hear it, the more I love it! To describe the sound, I would say it's a mixture of classical, jazz, rock, and flamenco, with a Latin and Arabic flavor. It's very percussive. It's gorgeous. I love it.

5 comments:

a10cowwoman said...

You should a add video clip of the performance.
Heather K.

Jenni said...

I loved it! I haven't had a chance to tell you what a wonderful time I had and how much I enjoyed the music! The "Brassy Girls" rocked! You gals were awesome! Loved, loved, the guitar addition as well with the percussion. I'm so glad I was able to see it!

Unknown said...

What an awesome experience! I mean singing next to Aimee Stewart--such a thrill! ;) Seriously, I was so excited to perform this with you. Thanks for the pics too.
THE "B" GROUP ROCKS!!!
Sunny

Bonnie Wayne said...

Sounds like fun! You girls are a bunch of babes!

Lynn said...

"B" totally stands for best! Yay group B (okay, fine, the A girls were fun, too...). It was one of the best experiences of my life, seriously!

Aimee, I've spent several hours this week laughing at your blog entries - I have a big crush on your kids! Do you think they might be friends with me?