Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Next Up: Kindergarten

Notice:

The Stewart Family in conjunction with Mrs. Faulk and Mrs. Piper announce Elijah P. Stewart's official graduation from Happy Apple Preschool. Eli's long and varied 3-year preschool career began in the sleepy hills of New Milford, Connecticut, where he attended Holy Infant Nursery School. After one year, he transferred to Happy Apple Preschool in Tempe, Arizona. It seems he wasn't holy enough for the first school.


Elijah will be continuing to further his education at a higher learning institution: Kyrene de la Paloma Elementary School.

Notable awards consisted of:

Honorable Mention for: Learning to hold a pencil and eventually write entire name.
Most Improved in: The Moment of Separation. Progress went from crying when dropped off for school to running in without looking back!
Outstanding Thespian Award for: Playing Narrator #1 in the Class Play. With enthusiasm!
Excellence in Literacy Award for: Learning to read!
Mr. Congeniality Award goes to: Eli. Hands down.

Personal Anecdote from Elijah's mother:

I remember Eli's first week of school in September 2005. It was show & tell day. He wanted to bring in a Book of Mormon. Now, I am all about missionary work. But it seemed a little pushy to send my 3 year-old son to his Catholic Preschool with a Book of Mormon to introduce to everyone. So I gently persuaded him to bring a truck instead.

When I came to help at the end-of-the-year party in the spring, I was doubting my missionary-stifling moment when I saw Eli cross himself and put his hands together to pray with the teacher over the food! That was a surprise for this Mormon mom to see!!!


Elijah's parents would like to publicly thank all the teachers for all the energy bars they must have had to consume to endure these preschool years. In a big part it is thanks to you that Eli is so ready for Kindergarten! We had some moments of doubt that we would ever get there, but get there we did.

Watch out, Paloma!! Here comes Eli!!

1 comment:

Bonnie Wayne said...

I love the hands together, crossing with the prayer story - I think I would DIE to see my kids do that?!?! That is hilarious!