Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Great Unveiling


It's time I let you all in on what I've been working on for the past few months. A little plan and project I have hatched. I would like to introduce you to the new act in town, the new gig on the street, the latest and greatest group around, it's the ... (wait for it ... wait for it ... )

Chandler Children's Choir!


Yes, it's true. I am starting a Children's Choir in Chandler. Called the Chandler Children's Choir. I am so excited about all the possibilities of this. We have launched a website: www.chandlerchildrenschoir.com and we are having AUDITIONS people, yes, AUDITIONS on MAY 23rd. You don't want to miss this.

The choir will start rehearsing when the school year starts in August, but we are holding Early Entrance Auditions on May 23rd at Kirk Music Store (right next to the Sunset Library) for all the kids that are really excited about getting in and holding a spot. We will have Regular Auditions the first week of school: August 4th - 8th, then rehearsals will start on August 14th. You can email me at aimee@chandlerchildrenschoir.com to set up an appointment!

So, pass this along to all your friends in Chandler who have children ages 7-16 who like to sing! We need musical young voices!

10 comments:

Menner said...

Aimee, this is so fabulous! I have been appalled for a long time at the level of musical education, at the elementary level especially, in our schools and I applaud any effort to reach and teach more children.

I have for some time been concocting a similar plan, but I'm not sure how it will fit into my life right now. So I'm biding my time.

I would love to hear more about this. Tell me what your marketing plans are and how you found rehearsal space. Are you having several choirs for different age groups and ability levels? Are you just doing a performing choir, or are you having classes as well? What sort of fees are you charging? Do you have staff or volunteer moms? I'd love to hear how you're structuring your program.

I am so excited for you!

brentandcambry said...

awe! R.woodward will be so proud....or jealous.

The Taits said...

Oh man...I so wish that Ava was a few years older. You DID see her singing video on my blog, right? I mean...I really think she could be your main soloist someday, don't you think? lol

Unknown said...

This is really exciting!

Bonnie Wayne said...

You go girl!

Darcie said...

Awesome! Good for you Aimee.

Deborah said...

Yes, I definitely want to try out! I'm sure you won't think that 30 is too old, once you hear my amazing child-like voice. My credentials include singing with THE Ralph Woodward, and being the PRESIDENT (yes, president) of the Salt Lake Children's choir. Enough said.

Do you have a relocation program? If so, please let me know ASAP what it would include for my family of four.

P.S. You're my hero. :)
Zeb

Deborah said...

Yes, I definitely want to try out! I'm sure you won't think that 30 is too old, once you hear my amazing child-like voice. My credentials include singing with THE Ralph Woodward, and being the PRESIDENT (yes, president) of the Salt Lake Children's choir. Enough said.

Do you have a relocation program? If so, please let me know ASAP what it would include for my family of four.

P.S. You're my hero. :)
Zeb

Jennifer M said...

Way to go, Aimee! What an exciting new project for you. Your ambition amazes me! Through grade school I was a member of such a choir and I've always seen that as the absolute best foundation for my musical life.

SP said...

That great news about the choir! Way to go! Wish Jill was in Chandler to sign up--will take babies. :)

Love you guys!