Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer is Here!?*%$

You know how I can tell?

a. My dishes are hard to keep up with because we are all eating at home alot more.

b. We've exhausted our supply of Otter Pops...already!

c. I don't have even a handful of minutes to myself during the days, which means I end up staying up later at night after the three hoodlums are sleeping to enjoy kid-free time.

d. Going to my gym that has free babysitting for 2 hours is not considered a "work-out" now, it's considered a "luxury" I wouldn't dare miss. Prepaid babysitting?! A shower in peace? Why wouldn't I go?!

e. Lizzie's Gymnastics schedule is now not considered a burden - we all actually look forward to it as something to get us out of the house, keeping Lizzie active several hours a day, which we all know is good for everyone - it helps divide up the day, and actually helps her to sleep better at night.

f. Lizzie loves doing projects and in the summertime, she has the time and energy to CREATE!!! Last week, she wrote and copied a "newspaper" that she and her friends distributed to the neighborhood. It was really cute:


g. The library has risen up several notches of priority in my life: How could I not feel a special affinity for an institution that has a free program, with free prizes as they progress, keeping my children excited about doing a quiet, self-entertaining activity? I love you, Chandler Public Library!

h. And finally, you know it's summer when you see my kids' outfits because I don't censor clothes during the summertime: Lizzie wore a black baseball hat, black shirt, black knee-length peasant skirt and black soccer knee-highs, with the finishing touch of black wristbands on her arms last week. Today, Eli is wearing his "I LOVE NY" t-shirt with Elephant pajama bottoms and flip-flops. We have no shame.

It's summmertime.

2 comments:

a10cowwoman said...

We went to Roanoke this past weekend and loved it. Thinking of ya!

It's summer here. Its been over 100 F for days and you how the humity is out here. yuck.

Sage said...

I loved the newspaper! 50 things to make you happy was awesone!
Thanks for the smiles.