Saturday, June 21, 2008

So You Think You Can Flamenco

Did you all see the results show last night on "So You Think You Can Dance?" You know the Flamenco Dancer (Waxed chest, squinty eyes)? And did you notice his little back-up group? There was a singer and a guitar player. The flamenco singer started his call, and I immediately recognized his voice! It was Jesus Montoya, and he sang with us in Ainadamar! I totally knew that guy! He winked at me onstage every night. And now he is singing on "So You Think You Can Dance" with Cat and Nigel. I feel like I was vicariously there on the stage with him. This might be the closest I ever get to reality television. I'M PRACTICALLY FAMOUS!!

P.S. My synopsis of the show: Gev and Courtney were robbed of some good remarks (what? they didn't feel it? Are they made of bricks?), Twitchington's dance was so gorgeous I watched it like 6 times in a row, and Nigel was completely out of control all night long.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Yay!!! Another SYTYCD fan!! And how cool is it that you know the flamenco singer? I'll have to go back and look for him on my DVR'd copies of every episode :D You are definitely famous, or almost so anyway.

RWJR said...

How cool is that? We are HUGE fans of the show! And I was a HUGE fan of Ainadamar, too (CONGRATULATIONS!!!)! I will have to go back and see the taped episodes I have!
~Anne