Friday, June 13, 2008

"I Sweat for the T.Q."

...is what I'm putting on a bumber sticker to go on the car I've been driving this week.

You see, Adam took the Teacher's Quorum on a High Adventure Scouting trip this week. They're camping, rock climbing, canyoneering, shotgun shooting, and wakeboarding. And they took the van to carry all their gear and food. Which means that I am driving Adam's car, which is fine except that there is no A/C! It makes me wax poetic...

I feel your pain, honey, now I really do!
But I promise it's okay, because I love the T.Q.!
A few layers of sweat and a hot ruddy face
-We'll just chalk it up to my care and my grace.

The scouts need you more, so I'll gladly share
You and our van, though I can't say it's fair.
You're not gone for too long, and it's really not far,
So which do I miss more: Adam or my car??

4 comments:

Arnolds said...

Sheesh, Aimee! Is there anything you DON'T do? Add poetry to your list of talents! That was too cute. :)

Deborah said...

I have an easy solution to your problem. Maybe you should get that virus that Adam had last summer when he was so cold from his fever that he actually drove his car with the windows up WHILE wearing a sweater.

In summer.

In Phoenix.

Okay, maybe not.

Aimee said...

If I get the virus Adam got, we have bigger problems than no A/C.


He had prostatitis.

Cambry said...

NO AC?! That should be against the law in AZ.