Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hidden Secrets Revealed, Thanks to Kim

Kim has challenged me to answer this tag, and I'm just warning you, it might get ugly. We all know that you could look behind Kim's refrigerator and it would most likely be freshly swept and mopped, but I am a different story. So, gulp, here goes:

What are my kids doing right now:



Duh! Sleeping! How do you think I'm able to blog here, people. Actually, Eli was totally faking. When I snuck into his room, he was loudly humming "Take me out to the Ball Game."


What's in my sink:

This is really embarassing. I'm not kidding, a matter of hours ago, the disposal clogged. Which it has a tendancy to do. It's not a bad disposal, it's just a bit sensitive, like don't even think of trying to grind up atrocities like potato peels or cucumber peels. You know, why don't we just leave any kind of peeling out of it altogether. And, of course, we wouldn't dream of trying to put rice or small pasta down there either. This time, I think it was a leaf of lettuce. It must have been a big, meaty thick piece of lettuce. You know the kind. I think. Anyway, this is my clogged sink that I don't have the energy to fix tonight. Adam will be home in an hour or so from the campout so....Happy Father's Day?? :)

What's in my closet:

Hey, don't judge me. I'm just happy that the clothes are on hangers, hanging in my closet. I'm not the type that organizes by size, color, length, frequency, season - it's more eclectic that way! I am quite proud of my jewelry holder, though, I must say. Adam had an extra tie rack that he wasn't using, so I turned it into my necklace and bracelet organizer, and it's hanging right in my closet with my clothes. It works great!


What's in my pantry?
Flour, granola, cheez-its, canned food...I love this pantry! You can get SO much in it.



What's in my fridge?



Well, I certainly don't need to go to Costco this week! We've got a mango smoothie, pudding cups, and party leftovers: I made a big Frog Eye Salad yesterday for our RS Swim party that I hosted, and I also have a green beans and fresh garden tomato salad in that pretty Mexican bowl.


What's in my laundry room:


Uh, the washer and dryer? Not much excitement here - let's move on.
Favorite room in my house:



This is where the magic happens, people! When my family comes to visit, this is where we gather. When we have a Music Night, this is where it happens. This is where I've been preparing the repetoire for the Children's Choir this week (I'm so excited about the music we'll be singing!) And teaching my kids piano is really one of my favorite things to do. This afternoon, in fact, I spent probably two hours with Lizzie and Eli, and then we sang Primary songs together. This is where all our FHE's start. Basically, most of our family's favorite memories take place here. If I'm getting a little too MoMo for you, refer back to my sink. And closet.



Okay, Favorite pair of shoes:
This was harder than I thought it would be. You see, as I went through my (unorganized) closet, I saw some old friends. Yes, I took a walk down memory lane when I saw this pair of shoes:



I love these shoes! I wore them at my wedding reception. Yes, they have 4 inch heels, and yes, I was standing in a receiving line for hours, but I was determined to not take them off - that's how committed I was to these shoes. And if I took them off, it would totally mess up the look of the front of my wedding dress, so... it was a no brainer.

These days, I would say that these shoes are my fave. I'm figuring out that I have a thing for heels. Hmm, I think I'll wear them tomorrow. I also love these. They're so green! I have frequently planned entire outfits around these shoes.




Well, enough about me, how about you?! Open your closets, and let's see some skeletons, everyone!


5 comments:

Sage said...

Aimee! I loved this post. Funny and comforting (you'll know when you see mine.) Way to go on those heels at your reception-reminds me of being in my sister's line. Ouch!

The Taits said...

Love it! Way to go, Aim. Your pantry is huge...I'm jealous... and I use one of Dave's old tie racks for my jewelry, too! P.S. Trust me, the back of my fridge is most definitely NOT freshly swept and mopped. You can bet on that.

Amy said...

I love this post, especially the shoes. And I think we have the same dryer - which means absolutely nothing, I know, but makes me feel kind of cool. Except yours is not covered with Moon Sand... lucky!

Bonnie Wayne said...

What a cool idea for a post! I mean, potentially embarassing if you are really being honest - but cool nonetheless. And I must say I can relate to the cool shoes - and tall shoes. I am notorious for wearing tall and interesting shoes (my adjectives.)

And your post reminded me that I have got to get back on the horse in terms of piano with Brooke. I get too lazy - I gotta whip myself into shape like that. Good for you to do music time like that with your kids. Is it now I am supposed to refer to the closet? Anyway, I am impressed! YOU GO!

The Cowley Tribe said...

You are a brave woman! I am afraid I would have to do a days worth of cleaning and even then my little casa would not be so shiny. I knew a lady once who though we were all crazy for not cleaning behind the fridge and stove at least twice a year. She was unbalanced.