Monday, January 19, 2009

Hellooooo?

This is a PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

For your health and safety, you should read thoroughly.

IF your daughter is waiting for a phone call from her friend and brings two phones outside so she can hear it ring (1 phone isn't good enough - 2 is better)...

...and IF in the event that two of your three home phones are placed directly on the hood of a car...

... and IF in the event that several hours later someone gets into the very same vehicle...

...and IF the driver unwittingly drives the car onto a busy freeway...

...and IF she notices some unforeseen object hit her windshield just before merging onto a busy freeway... ...and AGAIN about a mile later the same thing happens on the same place on the windshield...

...and IF the driver comes home to a confused and befuddled husband who is wondering where 2 of his 3 home phones are...

...there's a good chance your phone ended up HERE:

Then, if while driving on the freeway two days later, suspicious that the mystery objects that had hit your windshield were more than a piece of tire or cardboard box, you notice a phone-like object off to the side of the road... ... you would most likely do what I did, and Fight for you Phone. Yes, I pulled off to the side of the road and took a little walk down an I-202 onramp.

Here's what I found... ...Poor Phone. And the other one was most likely smashed to smitherines days ago. Sniffle.

I brought him home. Adam put some new batteries in, and ...


...Voila! It works.

Well, 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

7 comments:

Leslie Cosgriff McKinney said...

This is the reason I read your blog so religiously...it's hilarious. I definitely can relate!!

crazycool Steenhoeks said...

Wow, you guys are always up to something fun. Even if it's on a busy freeway:)

Nicole said...

So I am laughing my head off! Love it!

Deborah said...

I love it! Once I unknowingly spread an entire folder of choir music all down our street. I had no idea it happened until the next week a neighbor (who I didn't know - we just moved in) kindly asked, "Are these yours? I heard you are a piano teacher, so I gathered these all up." They still bear the marks of many tire tracks to this day.

But . . . a phone? 2 phones? THAT is good.

Aimee said...

Leslie, do you remember when I drove to a Roanoke Symphony concert with my entire choir folder on the roof of my car? I never found it even after looking in all the Virginia brush. So sad! I had to repay them for all the music and had to borrow a folder for the concert that night!

Luana said...

Oh Aimee, that is way to funny. Really, I would risk my life too in order to retrieve a beloved phone....NOT! :-)
Glad I found your blog off of Holly's.

Kimmie said...

AIM!
You have no idea how many times I have done the same thing...only you had better luck. I NEVER got my phone back!