Monday, July 14, 2008

"Adam Squared" Reunited

Adam's roommate of 5 years during college, Adam, recently moved to the Phoenix area! We had dinner with his family and him on Saturday after having lost touch with them five years ago.

Duh for us - we forgot to take a picture while they were here, so instead, I have supplemented with pictures from their long and varied past.

Let's begin at the very beginning. Freshman year. As we can see, my Adam was much more into the relationship than Adam W. He obviously wasn't so sure about the fro-haired dude from Cali. And rightly so. Look at that MOP! And I'm not sure, but I think that might be a hyper-color shirt Adam S. is wearing. Holy 90's batman.As Freshman year progressed, so did their friendship. They joined a gang, apparently. Just kidding, I guess they were going to a dance and thought those bandanas would impress the ladies. Hmm, mmm. For all of you youngsters out there, that big white box behind my Adam is not a mini-refrigerator on the desk. It's an Apple IIe computer. Yes, they used to be that huge. By the end of the semester, the Adams were Infamous and Inseperable. Two-armed side-hug. That's as good as it gets for guys!But then, they each left for 2 year missions! How would they survive apart!?Their friendship picked up right where it left off when they each got home and decided to room together again. And that's when the craziness began. Among other stints, we had "The Grecian Urns" - the best skit of all time...
and "The Lonely Goatherders." Consequently, this event was the first time I noticed Adam. I was there in the audience thinking, "Who is that guy in the lederhosen with the great legs?" And then I married him. I really do love the Sound of Music.
Welcome to Phoenix, Adam and Whitney!!




3 comments:

RWJR said...

Aimee!
I am enjoying your blog! What a fun story about your brother! I have been scrolling down learning all about you and your precious family! Thank you for sharing your life :)

~Anne

RWJR said...

Aimee,
I obviously meant to say your hubby - I'm now realizing his name is Adam and your brother is Matt :)
~Anne

Darcie said...

Um... may I please remind you who pointed out those great legs to you... you owe me.

So fun to see these pictures! Glad that Winter is now in Arizona :).