Thursday, December 6, 2007

Seussical, the Meussical!



I was lucky enough to get to go on Lizzie's field trip this morning to "Seussical the Musical" (for only $8, I might add!) What a fun show! The sets and costumes were so very Seussey and the music had some pretty catchy tunes! I love it when they put the band onstage, too. It's so fun to see them play - and they all had on huge striped bow-ties - how fun!

My very favorite line (that was lost on the youngs' minds) was when they were going to auction off Horton sitting on Mazie's egg up in the tree and the auctioneer stood up and said "Welcome to 'Seuss-ebey's'" Ha! I bet they planned the entire show around that one joke. I would have!

We went to the Tempe Center for the Arts, which just opened for business this season. What a beautiful facility!

I think we might have to go to some of their shows next spring - especially since they're doing "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day," - one of my all-time favorite storybooks.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Oh, one of my favorite books too! We are definitely book sisters, no doubt about it.

Bonnie Wayne said...

Yes, I have been wondering if that musical is good. That is a pretty darn good price for tickets!?!