Monday, December 3, 2007

Let it Rain, Let it Rain, Let it Rain!




This past weekend, we had a HUGE rainstorm in Phoenix. Well, huge for Phoenix, anyway. We got 4 inches of rain! That's half of our annual average!! It's the most it has rained since we moved here. It was so funny to hear people saying, "I can't believe it rained SO LONG! 12 hours STRAIGHT!" People who have always lived here had never seen anything like it before. I told them about the week in CT when it rained for 10 days straight. Ugh! It was so cute, though, the way the kids were all acting. It reminded me of the excitement of the first snowfall of every winter. And the best part - Ivy got a chance to wear that raincoat!

2 comments:

Amy said...

How I love that Paddington rain coat! I hope it rains more often so she can wear it more often. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. It still kills me to see your kids in short sleeves in December; it looks so good right now...

Bonnie Wayne said...

Wow - that seems so weird that the RAIN is the winter, when we are getting like 6 inches of snow tonite! Wow, those Arizonians need to spend some time in Seattle, Chicago, and...Connecticut apparently!