Sunday, September 23, 2007

Primary Program

The Primary children presented their program in church today - my favorite meeting of the year! I was such a proud mother as I watched them singing and saying their little parts. The best of all had to be when Ivy sang with the rest of her nursery class "Jesus wants Me for a Sunbeam" It was the cutest. And she sang every word! Imagine that. She didn't get shy or throw a fit or anything! Well, she did turn around for half of it to look at all the other kids. (Also, you should know that she is wearing her famous black boots under that pretty yellow dress - she's a rocker chick under it all!)

Let's see, also, Eli left for the bathroom twice and was trying for a third - all during songs he didn't know as well. Very suspicious. He also sang "I Hope they Call me on a Mission" with 3 other kids up at the pulpit and sang the whole thing with his fists on either side of his face, propping up his head. Kinda hard to sing that way, but he sure looked cute!

Lizzie was so grown up - she sang all the words to all the songs, and delivered her part with confidence! After the program, she said her favorite part was the closing song, "I Know that My Redeemer Lives." On the last verse, the congregation joined in, along with the organ and violin (I got to play an obbligato part). She said the spirit was so strong and it almost made her cry and that she was singing as big as she could.

That's what it's all about!

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Thanks MoM!

R.G. said...

The nursery kids were so sweet!

Ward said...

Nice shot Adam...cute kids.

Aimee said...

I loved it!
(Eli)

Elizabeth said...

Aimee and Adam, your children should make you proud! Wish I could have been there.....
Mom P.