Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The oven and I are BACK!

Guess what arrived in the mail today??

Yep! A new element for our oven from GE.

It was easy to install, after much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth and two trips to Home Depot.

Guess what's in my oven right now?

Chocolate chip cookies.

Through this trying ordeal, I have learned a lot about myself. I've learned that apparently, I can't blog unless my oven is in order. I'm sure my schedule had nothing to do with it, or the fact that we went to Coronado, or that Adam, Lizzie and Ivy were sick or that I am feverishly trying to prepare for this concert...it was all because of the oven.

The universe is aligned once again. Bloggers beware.

A special THANK YOU to the many kind readers who posted non-oven chocolate desserts!! Some of you even went so far in your sympathy as to bring us baked goods. Truly, you kept us going. How could I ever thank you? And, Leslie, how did I forget about Scotcheroos??!! Shocking, to say the least.

I have to go now. The oven timer is ringing, and the smell of warm chocolate is in the air. :)

2 comments:

Chempianos said...

You must have missed the Scotcheroos that Vickie made at Coronado. On the other hand, I ate them fast enough you might never have seen them.

Deborah said...

Mike said that I should tell everyone that OUR oven is broken, too. He's hoping he'll get some chocolate desserts from them . . . he, he. :)