Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm on a Diet

The name of my diet is the No-Baked Goods Diet. And I am an unwilling participant.

Our oven broke three weeks ago (the bottom heating element cracked into two!) and neither Adam nor I have been able to bake anything since. The oven is fixable, but things have been rather crazy at our house, and fixing the oven has been put on the back burner. ;) It's not too big of a problem for dinners - we have the grill, the crockpot, the stove-top. But it's wreaked havoc on our desserts. Ice cream is a popular option with the kids, but unless I'm pregnant, I really don't care for cold creamy desserts. I like my desserts hot and chocolatey.

The first week was the hardest. Every evening after the kids were in bed, I would stare vacantly into the pantry. Ah, me. No chocolate, no warmness, no nothing. We did have some unbaked cookie dough in the refrigerator, though, looking forlorn with no hope of being baked. What was I to do? I took care of that cookie dough within a few days.

But after that dough was gone, it seemed gluttunous to make a batch of cookies that would never see the heat of the oven. I resisted the urge.

So here I am three weeks later. I made a chocoate pudding pie last week. It was fine, but cold. :( I've polished off any extra Easter candy, but you know it's mostly the waxy chocolate and it's kinda gross. Tonight, there is just nothing nothing nothing yummy for dessert.

Ho hum. Boohoo. I guess I'm on a diet.

8 comments:

R.G. said...

You are welcome to use my oven anytime, there is just the small matter of the Robyn Tax. I get a piece.

Leslie Cosgriff McKinney said...

One word. scotcheroos!!

Cindy said...

Send Lizzie over to play tomorrow and I know she and Ashley would love to bake you a batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies. (Ashley's specialty) Can't you smell them? We'll be home after 12!

michelle said...

http://www.cjaneanswers.com/2010/02/valentine-week-day-three-crockpot-cake.html

....or let me know when you need a batch of something & I'll be glad to make it.

~lisa's sister

Heidi said...

That would truly be my worst nightmare too. Baked goods are my love language. I am so sorry about that!
PS, my sister's moving to 'Zona this summer - I'm going to plan a Ballou visit!

Luana said...

Holy Cow Aimee, you can buy lots of baked goodies at the local bakery. And as for choc chip cookie dough, the homemade dough is better than the cookie, so have at it!

Luana said...

Holy Cow Aimee, you can buy lots of baked goodies at the local bakery. And as for choc chip cookie dough, the homemade dough is better than the cookie, so have at it!

AmyB said...

Aimee, you make me giggle with every post! Thanks for brightening my day.