Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Scrub a dub dub


This, then, is the main goal of my days. To keep Oliver clean, dry, and fed, and to keep myself clean, dry, and fed. To the uninitiated, this can seem trite, but to those who've been there, you know I am not being facetious. I speak truth.

Take last Sunday, for example. The rest of the family was at church, and during the three hours they were gone, I spent the majority of that time getting Oliver and me Clean, Dry and Fed. There was a point at which I thought we'd done it (and only 90 minutes after we'd started the process!)... at which point Oliver decided it would be fun to start all over again, so he spit up all over me and him and the Boppy, too, just for good measure.

How else is an infant supposed to tell you he wants you to change his outfit? (and yours as well?) :)

7 comments:

Lizzie Stewart said...

Love it! How cute! i'll remember THAT scene forever. TeeHee!!!

crazycool Steenhoeks said...

Been there and done that! Keep up the good work!

Tia said...

you do certainly speak truth!

SP said...

Congrats!!! What a cutie!! Have you heard of pee pee teepees?? I'l send you some if this is part of the scrub a dub dub.

Love you guys!!!'

Ken and Sherry

Amy said...

You are a trooper. I never know whether to call these days the hardest or the sweetest. Oliver is just darling, though, and in pictures he always looks clean, dry, fed, and perfectly content.

Allison said...

I'm right there with ya hon.....currently writing at 4:47 a.m., typing one handed while breastfeeding...

Darcie said...

It is so so so so so so true. I remember about 3 weeks after Caroline was born (when I was a crazy milk-making cow), Ryan coming home and I was crying "I'm just so sick of being wet!!!"

Good luck Aimee. Stay dry.