Saturday, January 9, 2010

Eli the Entrepeneur


Eli set up another sidewalk stand today.

What's he selling? Paper Airplanes. Two Styles: the Pippit and the Swallow.

How Much? $1 per Pippit, $2 per Swallow

Also, you get to watch the master make them right in front of you.

He told me all this while running in and outside gathering materials. After a half hour or so, I reached into my wallet to get the obligatory dollar and went outside to what I thought would be my lonely businessman with overpriced merchandise.

Well, business was booming. He'd just received an order from neighborhood-kid Sophie for 2 Swallows and a Pippit. Another little boy was verbally oohing and ahhing as Eli expertly folded, cut and creased a white paper into formation with the skill of a Kabuki chef. He already had Eight Bucks in the tupperware that was sitting on the piano bench. I slipped my dollar bill back in my pocket.

We've come a long way from selling Invisible Brownies!

1 comment:

Sage said...

I'm impressed! Eden tried to sell drawings at her stand. We don't really have anyone passing by, so that didn't help. Sounds like Eli's on his way to success!