Monday, July 12, 2010

Studies have Proven...

10 1/2 years ago, we were given the "Baby Mozart" video as a baby gift to Lizzie. Well. As many of the mothers of young children will confirm with me, this 30-minute video is a Life Saver. When nothing else would calm little Baby Lizzie, I would pop that VHS in and she'd be zoned out in a matter of seconds! With no adverse side affects!

I happen to believe it has more to do with the hypnotic toys they feature than with Mozart's genius music: pendulums and perpetual motion type games, alternated with lava lamps and puppets bouncing by: The true genius is that it is GUILT-FREE TV for mothers, because the video says that your baby will be smarter for watching it. Not surprisingly, the Baby Einstein company founder is now a millionaire.

The good mother that I am, I made sure Baby Lizzie, as well as all subsequent Stewart babies watched, or do currently watch, the Baby Mozart video at least once a day.

As you know, last week we took 10-year-old Lizzie to Mozart's The Magic Flute. Imagine my pride when we got home and told me - Mom! I've heard "Papageno's Wish" {a.k.a "Ein Mädchen oder Weibchen"} before - it's on Baby Mozart!" And as Oliver was taking his daily dose of Mozart, Lizzie and Eli started singing to the synthesized music, "...is Papageno's wish!" and she was right! There it was, right there, waiting all those years to be recognized.

See. There you go. Ten years of prepping, and we receive our reward!
Keep watching, Oliver, you'll be singing Mozart in no time!

2 comments:

emo said...

Is there a Baby Wagner? Maybe you should see Das Rheingold in the movie theaters in October . . . hee hee. I can just imagine the puppets bouncing by on Baby Wagner - all dressed as Nazi soldiers.

Jenni said...

Seriously, I have lived and died by Baby Einstein. I don't know if my kids are any smarter because of it, but they got some culture I guess. It just got brought up at the dinner table last night when I counted in French. The kids were both stopped what they were doing and immediately said, "Hey! That's from Baby Einstein!" I've got Bach and Beethoven and the Christmas one too if you're looking at expanding Oliver's repertoire...