Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Beamish Boy

My son is Seven! "O Frabjous day! Callooh, Callay!" Seven years ago, a delightful soul was introduced into our family. We have been blessed by him ever since. Eli is uncommonly charismatic, invariably curious, surprisingly gregarious, shockingly adventerous, accutely sensitive, admirably energetic, unconditionally forgiving, supremely confident, wincingly courageous, intensely intelligent, and laugh-out-loud funny. He makes people smile around him, wherever he is.

Have I ever told you what his first word was? It was "Hi!"
Did you know that at 7 months old he decided he was going to start standing and he practiced and practiced until by the end of the evening, he stood up steadily? Then a month or so later, he took off running, with no thought of fear. That is how Eli is.

A Seven-Year-Old! When I look at him, I just want to say, "Come to my arms, my beamish boy!"

So, to celebrate, Eli decided he wanted a "Games Galore Attack" birthday party. We played a LOT of games: twister, apples to apples, charades, pin the nose on the clown, and had an airplane flying contest.















3 comments:

emo said...

A fitting tribute to the sweetest boy on the block.

Amy said...

Hooray for 7! I remember when Eli was 2 and went flying out of the port-a-crib in our apartment in Philly. To this day, I've never seen another child as adept at scaling mesh.

I hate to tell you that it is only 65 degrees for the high temp today. We are in sweatshirts... but wishing we were in swimsuits. Too cold!

Amy

Darcie said...

Congrats to Eli on 7 yrs! Madi's first word was hi too. So cute.