Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Where: Princess Diana Memorial Park in Kensington Park, London
When: Today, about 1:30 pm
Who: Now things are getting interesting!

Okay, let's cut to the chase:

We hung out at the park with Jake Gyllenhaal today. Erin, did you hear me? An Oscar-winning Celebrity. And I don't just have a story. I have PROOF, sistah. Proof. Check it.

Thank goodness I had kids to fake pose right under the pirate ship playground where Mr. Gyllenhaal was.

Oh, not good enough? Take that!

And THAT!
It's totally him, baby.
The first tip-off was the hat. I was like, dude, who wears a hat like that to the park with their kid? And now, look at the collar. Dead giveaway. And do you know what? When I got my camera out, he flinched. He was just a little TOO aware of a camera than a normal human would be.

Okay, so anyway, I digress. Let's see. We also visited Kensington Palace, bringing Madeline along with us. This is a statue of Queen Victoria, so we had our own little princesses do a curtsy.
Seeing the Sunken Gardens,
Here's the gates in front of the palace where people still put flowers in memory of Princess Diana.

And here's our own little king in front of William II statue. With a little princess head poking around the side...Tonight, we went out to dinner and a show with our lovely hosts, Shannon and Scott.
We went to Royal Albert Hall, a theater in the round, to see The King and I, starring Daniel Dae Kim, (from Lost) - it was just awesome. Tom, Vickie and Alan joined us as well. Wonderful night!

8 comments:

The Taits said...

I am loving getting play by play updates on your trip! Way to keep up the blogging while you are away. :) I'm so glad to see that our dress made an appearance across the pond. Fabulous. I'm taking a walk down memory lane from my trip to London looking at all your pics!

crazycool Steenhoeks said...

So we are getting all packed and ready. We leave in ONE day! Your blog is the best, Paul and I can't wait to see what you just have. You ROCK it girl!

Ward said...

Stewartopia UK edition, love the updates, keep em coming.
That show must have been incredible.

emo said...

Jake Gyllenhall is NOTHING sistah! Check out my latest! I beat you! YOU FAYA!

Seriously, that is pretty cool. And I'm really jealous that you saw Daniel Dae Kim in the King and I. Dude. Did he take his shirt off? Did he did he? He's the second hottest Korean in the world. (The first is my husband.)

emo said...

By the way, this picture of Jake G. is serious US Weekly magazine material. Or, should I say, UK Weekly?

Jenni said...

That's either Jake or a seriously creepy perp hanging out around a kids' park. I'm going to choose celebrity for peace of mind. So fun. Tell the kids "Lettuce" is doing great. She's been very well behaved.

paulandjenthatcher said...

I have no idea who that famous person is, but I'm just amazed that your all in London on a vacation! How fun! It looks like you are having a wonderful time. I'm glad you are posting so many pictures. Now I feel like I've been there too!

Bonnie Wayne said...

WOAH - heLLLOOOOO! That is craziness to see Jake G. And How fun to frolick in England! You guys are so....international!!