Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

I know I should be mostly excited about the Easter Pageant that we went to,

or the fun Easter Egg hunt, which was even more exhilirating because of the Zip Line rides,


or doing the Easter morning jelly bean trail to the baskets,

or the Coordinating outfits I came up with for us to wear,



or the yummy ham dinner we ate,



but truthfully, the best part of the weekend for me was curling up with a cozy, witty, and charming book, with nowhere to go all day, listening to the kids playing happily in their fort in the living room.



After several hours of this, Eli approached me and said, "Queen Ivy has sensed you and invites you to her ocean." Which was a great honor, of course. They magically turned me into a mermaid, and I paid obeisance to the throned Queen while the Queen Cobra (Lizzie) hypnotized Eli and made him move with just her eyes.

Dorothy was right: There's no place like home.


3 comments:

Tia said...

you always get such great pictures of your adorable kids. i can't believe how grown up lizzie is looking in the short 1.5 years i've watched her- can't imagine from your point of view!

chempianos said...

Now, why didn't we think of hypnotizing him? Obviously, we should have asked Lizzie to help out...

Deborah said...

Wow, can I borrow the book? I'm hoping that the "endless time with children occupying themselves creatively and quietly" is included.

:)