Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Little Girl is growing up!!

Lizzie turned nine today. I can't believe it.
We had a birthday dinner for her on Sunday:

And yesterday, she took her very first unaccompanied flight to spend a week in Utah with her grandmas! The airline people were so impressed that she handled it so well. I told them, yep, she's pretty independant.
I was thinking to myself as she walked down the rampway - 9 years ago she was born, now she's flying on a plane alone, and in just 9 more years she'll be going off to college!!!!!! It was a scary thought.
We sure love our Lizzie! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Luana said...

Aimee it just doesn't seem possible for you to have a 9 year old child. You are getting to be an old little girl lady!

crazycool Steenhoeks said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie!!
-Brittany <3