Monday, December 22, 2008

The CCC's First Concert...


...was a SUCCESS!! Wow! What a fun night of great music. The best was when we met in the choir room offstage after the concert was over, and I came in and said, "WE DID IT!" And every CCC singer cheered from the top of their lungs for a minute solid! We were all so proud of ourselves for pulling it off.

Amazingly enough, it was just about one year ago that I was talking to my dear friend Lisa about how many talented young singers there were in the ward. I was also saying how it seemed like they needed somewhere to sing because our entire soprano section in ward choir was made up of me and several girls under age 12. Lisa said, "Well, you should start a children's choir, Aimee." And it was one of those lightbulb moments.

Now here we are, one year later, and my picture in my mind was realized on Dec. 18th. We have the beginnings of something really wonderful, and every time they sing, I catch another glimpse of their full potential.

I think one of the best benefits of the night for me was realizing that I helped the audience see my vision of the CCC. Everything, from the venue, to the music choices, to the programs, spoke of "classical music." Especially having out "guest violinist" on the program! It really added another level of class and clout! Thank you, Mom, for coming out and playing with us!!
















3 comments:

Cindy said...

The concert was AMAZING Aimee. I kept hearing over and over from other guests, "how did she teach them that much in just 3 1/2 months?!"

I'm already looking forward to their Spring concert!

paulandjenthatcher said...

Aimee, that's so cool! I didn't even know you were doing that? You never cease to amaze me with all you do! I'm so glad you are able to use your musical talents with that choir.

Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas. You are a nicer mom than me. I don't think we'll EVER get a pet! (okay, I am allergic, but still--they are a mess! but so much fun!)

SP said...

Amiee, I am just catching up on your blog and just have to say, WOW! The kids look great and so does the venue. Congratulations! The Christmas card we sent got returned but I think we found the right address so be looking for this in the mail.

Thinking of you

Sherry