Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Eli tells Mom how babies are made

Eli was in his room doing his timed reading for school.

He was reading this:
I was rushing out the door to pick Lizzie up. He ran out of his room to stop me.

"MOM! I found out how you got pregnant!"

Of course I had to stop and find out, because, you know, I'd been wondering.

Eli holds up this page:
Looking directly into my eyes, Eli tells me declaratively: "You have been pregnant ever since you married Daddy. " {Dramatic Pause, so I can let this information settle in}

For proof, he shows me this chart. "See, it says 'the male sperm cell' - that's Daddy - 'and the female egg cell' {Eli gestures to my stomach like, duh, that's obviously you} 'join together and form a zygote' {he pronounced it "zig-got"}."


"Zygote," I corrected him.

"Yep, and then, see this picture? A baby starts forming, and right there, that's the baby's face when it starts growing!"
{This is a child's view of the beginnings of a baby. A circle for a face, and two circles for the eyes. The rest is ancillary.}

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Mom-very interesting!

~Lizzie

Elizabeth said...

OK, that was the best yet from Eli! Although Lizzie"s comment here cracks me up too!

emo said...

Lizzie knows the REAL story. :)

This absolutely cracks me up. I wish I could have been there.

Deborah said...

Um, could you get Eli to teach that to MY kids? That would save me a whole lot of trouble. :)

Bonnie Wayne said...

Its all coming together for me...I have these three kids...its all makes sense now!